- Give the date of the oracle concerning Tyre.
- For what was Tyre known? (26:11. 21:3)
- Tyre hoped to benefit from Jerusalem's fall in
what way? (26:2)
- What would Tyre become according to the first
part of verse 5 and verse 14?
- What is meant by "her daughters" (26:6)? On
the other use of the term daughters in connection with a city, cf. Jer.
- Where were these daughters?
- Who would come against Tyre according to verse 7?
- What would become of the stones, timber, and dust
(debris) of Tyre?
- Would Tyre be rebuilt?
- Why are the princes of verse 16 called "princes
of the sea?" (cf. vs. 17)
- What would cover Tyre? (26:19)
- In verses 3-9, Tyre is described in terms of a
- Her mast was made of what?
- What kind of wood was mentioned in 1 Kings 5:6 as
being used in the temple and who sent it?
- What was the relationship between Tyre and Sidon?
(1 Kings 5:5, Ezek. 26:8)
- W'hat elements of the greatness of Tyre impress
you as you read verses 10-25?
- What had the prince of Tyre claimed to be?
- He was sarcastically said to be wiser than whom?
- In Dan. 2:1, the "second year" of
Nebuchadnezzar's reign was probably BC. 603. At least how long before
the revelation to Ezekiel concerning Tyre did Daniel interpret
Nebuchadnezzar's dream about the image?
- What connection is there between the anointed
cherub of 28:14 and Eden of 28:13? (Gen. 3:24)
- Chapter 28 describes the fall of what city
- What was the purpose of the judgments against
Tyre and Sidon? (28:24-26).