- Verse one refers to the thirtieth year of what?
- Ezekiel says, "as I was among the captives...'.
To what captives does he refer, where were they, and why were they in
captivity? (cf. Dt. 28:25-26; 2 Ki. 21:10-15, 24:12-15)
- How long had they been in captivity when Ezekiel
first saw visions of God? (Give verse reference)
- What was Ezekiel's occupation?
- What seems to have been implied by the phrase
"the hand of Jehovah was there upon him"? (cf. 1 Ki. 18:46, 2 Ki. 3:15)
- What are the similarities between the description
of the scene in Ezek. 1:4 and the descriptions in Ex. 19:16-18 and Ps.
- Describe the four living beings.
- In Ezek. 10:15, Ezekiel uses the term cherubim to
refer to what?
- Make a connection with the temple. (1 Ki. 6:23ff,
cf. Ex. 25:17ff)
- What else are the cherubim called in 1 Chron. 28:
- In Ezek. 1:15, what is mentioned in close
connection with the living beings?
- In Ps. 18:10, upon what is Jehovah described as
- In Ex. 25:17ff. what furnishing was associated
with the cherubim?
- Who said "And there I will meet with thee from
above the mercy seat, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy
seat, from between the two cherubim..."? (Ex. 25:22)
- Who was enthroned above the four living beings in
- After reading 2 Chron. 16:9, Zech. 3:9, and 4:10,
suggest a possible significance of the eyes mentioned in Ezek. 1:18.
- Describe the motion of the 4 living beings, and