[Preface] [Introduction] [Index]
READ: 2 Samuel 7-8, 1 Chronicles 17-18, Psalms 60 & 108
1. Which of the following is true of the 60th psalm:
a.) It describes an annual festival
b.) It describes preparation for war
c.) It describes a hopeless situation
2. In view of Ps. 60:9-12, the plight of God's people described in verses 1-3 was probably the result of...
a.) a famine
c.) a temporary defeat in battle
d.) internal political disorganization
3. Gilead was
a.) a region of Egypt on the west side of the Nile River
b.) a region of Israel on the east side of the Jordan River
TRUE or FALSE
4. ___ Manasseh, Ephraim, and Judah were tribes of Israel.
5. ___ Moab, Edom and Philistia were tribes of Israel.
6. ___ Verses 7-8 of Psalm 60 picture the subjugation of Israel by the surrounding nations.
7. ___ Help, that is, salvation or triumph, was to come from man.
8. ___ The overall tone of this psalm is one of confidence, rather than despair.
9. ___ The first four verses of the 60th psalm are repeated in the first five verses of the 108th psalm.