(Read In. 20:1-18, Mt. 28:1-10, and Jn.
- According to John, how did Simon Peter
and "the other disciple whom Jesus loved" find
out a about the empty tomb?
- Who was "the other disciple whom
Jesus loved"? (Cf. Jn. 13:23-25, 21:20-24.)
- What had become of the guards at the
tomb? (Mt. 28:2-4)
- Who went into the tomb first?
- What was in the tomb?
- After Peter and his companion left,
what did Mary Magdalene do?
- Whom did she think Jesus was when she
first became aware of his presence?
- Study the phrase, "Touch me
not" (vs. 17). Compare various translations (the New
American Standard, New King James, New International, and
Revised Standard versions are all better than the
American Standard and King James versions at this point)
or consult a commentary. Why did Jesus say this to Mary?
- Thomas refussed to believe Jesus had
been raised unless . ____________________________
- Was Jesus raised only in spirit, or
bodily? (Jn. 20:26-29, Lk. 24:36-43)
- What provisions have been made so that
we today might believe?