- Why did the Jews not enter the
Praetorium? (Jn. 18:28)
- Why was it necessary that the
accusations against Jesus be brought to the attention of
- What statement in this context
indicates that Jesus did not intend to establish a Jewish
- What was Pilate's comment about truth?
- What indications are there in this
context that Pilate was not eager to put Jesus to death?
- What caused Pilate to be "the
more afraid" (Jn. 19:8), and to try to release Jesus
- What finally motivated Pilate to have
- Explain what is meant by the phrase,
"it was the Preparation of the Passover" (Jn.
19:14). See the chart of
Jesus' last week.
- Why were the chief priests displeased
with Pilate's inscription, and what change did they want?
- Why did the soldiers cast lots for
Jesus' garment rather than dividing it?
- Comment on the "fulfillment"
of Ps. 22:18.
- Why did Jesus say, "I
- Why did the Jews ask that the legs of
those crucified be broken? (Cf. Dt. 21:22-23.)
- What was fulfilled in the fact that
Jesus legs were not broken? (Ex. 12:46, Num. 9: 12, 1
Cor. 5:7, Jn. 1 :29)
- What details concerning the tomb are