- Why was the man blind? (Jn. 9:3, cf.
- What did Jesus mean by the statement,
"The night cometh when no man can work"? (Jn.
- Describe the actions of Jesus in
restoring the beggar's sight.
- Did Jesus have to use spittle in order
to do the miracle? (cf. Jn. 4:46-54, Mt. 8:5-13)
- Why did Jesus perform such actions?
(cf. Acts 19:11-12)
- Why did some of the beggar's neighbors
not recognize him?
- On what day did all this take place?
- Why were some of the Pharisees
convinced that Jesus was not from God? (9:16)
- Others of them differed on what
- What conclusion had the beggar
- When the Jews decided that the beggar
had not really been blind, what convinced them otherwise?
- Study the beggar's words in vs. 31 and
compare Is. 59:1-2, Acts 10:1-4, 31, and Eph. 2:18. What
conclusions can be drawn about whose prayers God hears?
- Compare Jn. 9:33 with 9:16 and 3:2.
- Compare Jn. 9:39 with 3:17 and 8:15.