- Why did Jesus avoid Judea?
- Explain the words of Jesus' brethren.
- In what manner did Jesus go to the
- Why did no man speak out openly
- What was it that caused the Jews to
- Was Jesus exaggerating the intent of
his enemies when he said, "Why seek ye to kill
me?" (7:21, cf. 5:18)
- To what did the Jews attribute Jesus'
belief that they sought to kill Him?
- What "one work" did Jesus
refer to? (7:21-23, cf. 5:2-18)
- What fault had been found by the Jews
with this work?
- What did the Jews do on the Sabbath
according to Jesus' statement in verse 22?
- What amazed some of the people
according to 7:25-26?
- What made these people certain that
Jesus was not the anticipated Christ?
- According to vs. 30, why did the Jews
not take Jesus at this time? (cf. Acts 2:23)
- Why did the Pharisees send officers to
- Where did Jesus intend to go?
- Study verses 37-39.
- On the distinction between the Christ
and the Prophet, see 1:20-21.
- According to 7:41-42, why were some
certain that Jesus was not the Christ?
- When the officers returned, what
reason did they give for their failure to apprehend Jesus
(7:45-46; cf. Mt. 7:28-29, Jn. 6:4-8)
- What evidence did the Pharisees cite
to prove that Jesus was not the Christ? (7:48)
- Who spoke up on Jesus' behalf?