- What was the occasion of Jesus' visit
- Notice the different treatments of
verse 4 found in the following translations: KJV, ASV,
- Why did a multitude of sick people lay
in the porches of this pool?
- What explanation did the man who had
suffered for 38 years give for his lack of success in
- What did Jesus tell the man?
- What fault did the Jews find in this?
- How did the man find out who had
- How did the Jews find out?
- How did Jesus justify his actions on
the Sabbath day? (vs. 27)
- Aside from their contention that Jesus
broke the Sabbath, what other reason did the Jews have
for seeking to kill him? (5:17-18)
- Jesus spoke of two hours, one which
"cometh and now is" (vs. 25), and one which
"cometh" (vs. 28).
- In the first hour (vs. 25),
who is it that will hear and live? (compare vs.
- In the second hour (vs. 28-29)
who is it that will hear and what will they do?
- In which hour would people
come out of tombs?
- The "all" of verse
28 is contrasted with what in verse 25?
- Why has authority been given to Jesus
to execute judgment? (vs. 27)
- Why is the particular title "son
of man" used in vs. 27? (cf. Hb. 2:14-18, 4:15)
- What or who is a witness of Jesus
- vs. 33?
- vs. 36? (cf. Jn. 3:2, Acts
- vs. 27?
- vs. 39?
- What absurdities did Jesus point out
in the Jews' behavior? (vss. 39, 43, 44)
- Who would accuse the Jews, and how?