Purpose: Jn. 20:30-31
- Which of the following terms in John 1
are used of the Christ? (Give verse reference for each
one that is so used)
||lamb of God
||son of man
||son of God
||Son of Joseph
- On the basis of Jn. 1:14, who is
- In what sense is Jesus "the
Word"? (1:18, cf. 8:19, 14:16)
- What part did the Word play in
- Which John is referred to in Jn. 1:6?
- Of what did this John come to bear
witness? (Jn. 1:7)
- Who was not the light? (1:8)
- Who was in the world, according to
- Who were his own that received him
- The glory of the Christ was as what?
(1:14, cf. Heb. 11:17)
- What had John the Baptist said of
Jesus according to 1:15? (cf. 1:30; 8:56-58)
- When the priests and Levites came to
John teh Baptist, and he confessed that he was not the
Christ, they asked if he was either of what two
- Why would they ask if he were Elijah?
(Mal. 4:5-6. Compare Mt. 3:4 with 2 Kings 1:8. See also
Lk. 1:17, Mt. 11:12-14)
- Why did he deny that he was Elijah?
- Why would they ask if he were the
prophet? (Dt. 18:15; cf. Acts 3:20-22; 7:37)
- Moses' words in Dt. 18:15 were
ultimately fulfilled in what prophet?
- Did the Jews understand that the
prophet and the Messiah were the same? (1:20-21, 25;
- Whom did John claim to be, and on the
basis of what O.T. scripture? (Jn. 1:23 & check your
cross reference; also compare Mal. 3:1)
- Where did this questioning of John
- Who would baptize in the Holy Spirit?
- What was the name of one of the two
disciples of John who followed Jesus?
- What was the name of this man's
- What does Messiah mean?
- Who was the father of Simon and
Andrew? (cf. Mt. 16:17)
- What name did Jesus give to Simon?
- What city was the home of Philip,
Andrew, and Peter?
- What did Philip tell Nathaniel?
- What did Nathaniel say in response?
- What did Jesus do that impressed
- Jesus' words in Jn. 1:51 contain a
reference to what Old Testament incident? (Gen. 28:10ff)