Genesis 30:25 - 31:55
Jacob Leaves Laban
1. When Jacob first told Laban he wanted to leave, why did Laban want Jacob to stay?
2. Jacob said he was spending all his time taking care of Laban's flocks, and had not opportunity to do what? (30:29-30)
6. Was Jacob's procedure based on science, superstition, or something else? If you don't know, see question 10.
7. According to 30:43, what was the result of Jacob's procedure?
8. Who was unhappy about this result?
10. To whom does Jacob give credit for this result? (31:9-12)
11. Were Rachel and Leah reluctant to leave Laban?
13. What did Rachel steal?
14. When Laban pursued Jacob, God spoke to Laban in a dream. What did God mean when he said, "Be careful that you do not speak to Jacob either good or bad"? (compare Genesis 24:50, 2 Samuel 13:22, Genesis 31:29)
15. Inasmuch as Laban was forbidden to remonstrate against Jacob's leaving, Laban had other complaints. What were they?